Social Science Scholarships Australia 2016 – 2017
1) A S & J W Jorgensen Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: Avondale College of Higher Education
Donor: Pastor Alfred W Jorgensen
About: Through the generosity of Pastor Alfred W Jorgensen, a former lecturer in the Faculty of Theology at Avondale, a trust fund has been established to provide financial assistance in the form of scholarships to theology students at Avondale.
Field of study: Humanities & Social Sciences
Eligibility: Applicants must be
a) 3rd-year students applying for, or currently enrolled in, the Bachelor of Theology/Bachelor of Ministry degree, or
b) 2nd-year students enrolled in the concurrent Graduate Diploma in Ministry/Graduate Diploma in Theology;
c) intend to enter the preaching ministry of the SDA Church;
d) be baptised members of the SDA Church;
e) and demonstrate need.
There are no restrictions on citizenship. The scholarship may be held concurrently with another Avondale College scholarship.
How to apply: Download the A S & J W Jorgensen Scholarship Application Form (pdf)
DELIVER OR POST APPLICATION TO
Avondale College of Higher Education
PO Box 19
COORANBONG NSW 2265 Australia
Closing date: 31 January annually
Contact: SCHOLARSHIP ENQUIRIES
Telephone (02) 4980 2377
International +61 2 4980 2377
2) UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP – SOCIAL SCIENCES 2016/ 2017
University Name: University of Wollongong
About: Faculty scholarships recognise high-achieving students at UOW. Scholarship recipients are expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role for the faculty by actively participating in Faculty-hosted events and become committee members of the Faculty’s Student and Staff Association.
Field of study: SOCIAL SCIENCES
Eligibility: applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must enrol in a full-time degree or double degree offered by the Faculty of Social Science.
- Outstanding academic achievement based on most recent academic records
- Motivation and interests, particularly in relation to nominated career path
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of leadership and participation in other areas, e.g. sports, the arts, employment, school and community activities
- A minimum ATAR of 90* for School of Education (Two scholarships)
- A minimum ATAR of 95* for School of Psychology (One scholarship)
- A minimum ATAR of 95* for School of Health & Society (One Scholarship)
How to apply: apply online via the following link: http://www.uow.edu.au/about/scholarships/ug/prospectiveforms/UOW136779.html
Closing date: 30 September, annually
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 4252 8959