International Students Scholarships Australia 2016 – 2017
1) Chilean Bicentennial Fund Scholarships 2016/ 2017
University Name: Swinburne University
About: Chilean students who wish to undertake a postgraduate degree in Australia are eligible to apply for a scholarship under the Chilean Bicentennial Fund.
Field of study: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Masters by Research
- Chilean national
- Commitment to return to Chile within 24 months of course completion and reside in Chile for the same duration as the scholarship. If you return to live outside of Santiago, this period is reduced to half of the scholarship period. If this condition is not met, you will be required to repay the scholarship.
How to apply: Please download and complete the Chilean Bicentennial Fund Scholarships Application Form (pdf) and Chilean Bicentennial REFEREE REPORT FORM (pdf)
Please send your application to: (Postal address)
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218
Hawthorn VIC 3122
Or, by email: email@example.com
Or, in person: Student HQ (on any campus)
Closing date: please contact the University
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 1800 897 973
2) Hatch International Engineering Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: The University of Queensland
About: The scholarship is awarded to a student from Universitas Indonesia based on academic merit.
Field of study: Engineering
Eligibility: An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant is a citizen of Indonesia; and is articulating into The University of Queensland’s engineering program via the partnership with Universitas Indonesia; and does not hold another scholarship that the Associate Dean considers to be similar.
How to apply: Download and complete the Hatch International Engineering Scholarship Application Form (Word doc)
Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology
The University of Queensland QLD 4072
Fax: +61 7 3365 4444
Closing date:30 April annually
Contact: Faculty of Engineering Architecture and Information Technology
3) Hong Kong Global Leaders Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: The University of Queensland
About: Awarded to students from Hong Kong studying an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
Field of study: Business, Economics and Law
- Citizens of Hong Kong who normally reside in Hong Kong
- Students must have completed the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination or a *recognized Hong Kong sub-degree (Associate Degree or Higher Diploma) programs
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant program and who are commencing students at UQ (please note that this opportunity is not offered to students currently studying or residing in Australia)
* The recognized HK sub-degree programs refers to those business, economics, law or tourism related programs delivered by the following institutions:
- HKU-School of Professional and Continuing Education (HKU-SPACE)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong – School of Continuing and Professional Studies (CUHK-SCS)
- City University of Hong Kong Community College (CityU-CC)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), Hong Kong Community College (HKCC)
- Hong Kong Baptist University, College of International Education (HKBU-CIE)
- Tung Wah College (TWC)
- Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education or The Vocational Training Council (HKIVE or VTC)
- Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE)
How to apply:
- Lodge an official Hong Kong Global Leaders Scholarship Application Form (Word doc) for international students to theInternational Office (http://www.uq.edu.au/international/submitting-your-application)
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number
- When you have received your unconditional offer, complete the Faculty of Business Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form and submit to the following:
email@example.com or sent via mail to:
Senior Manager, International Affairs
Faculty of Business, Economics and Law
University of Queensland
St Lucia, 4072, QLD, Australia
Please ensure that you read through all information and provide relevant documents as outlined in the Scholarship and UQ Application Forms.
Closing date: 30 November annually
More information: You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs page (http://scholarships.uq.edu.au/faq-page) if you have any questions.
Contact: Faculty of Business, Economics & Law – firstname.lastname@example.org
4) The Northcote Graduate Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: The Britain-Australia Society
About: The Northcote Graduate Scholarships are to enable students normally resident in the UK to undertake a higher degree at an Australian university for up to three years.
Field of study: All faculties
Eligibility: Applicants need to ascertain their own eligibility for a graduate programme in Australia. There is no limitation on the field of study.
How to apply: Download and complete the Northcote Graduate Scholarship Application Form (pdf)
Applications must be supported by:
- A statement from the applicant on the proposed course (~2 pages).
- Two references from persons able to assess the academic potential and character of the applicant.
- A statement from the host institution in Australia indicating that research can be appropriately pursued there and that the candidate is eligible and has been given provisional acceptance.
- A statement of why the study must be undertaken in Australia.
- A CV
Closing date: 24 August annually
More information: Download and read the Northcote Graduate Scholarship Information Pack (pdf)
Contact: The Britain-Australia Society
5) Academic Excellence Scholarships 2016/ 2017
University Name: La Trobe University
About: La Trobe’s Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) cover tuition fees for high-achieving international students accepted into our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs. Worth between $10,000 and $20,000, these scholarships are paid across a maximum of two semesters (or 12 months).
If you receive this scholarship, you still need to pay for any difference in fees for your first two semesters, fees for the rest of your course, and your Overseas Student Health Cover. To continue receiving your scholarship into your second semester, you must maintain a C grade average.
Field of study: All faculties
Eligibility: You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and be applying to start an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must also have scored 85% or equivalent in your previous degree/award, and meet our English language and academic entry requirements. You are not eligible if you are starting a Higher Degree by Research, exchange program, Study Abroad program, ELICOS and Foundation Studies program, or Diploma course.
How to apply: After you receive your offer, complete a Academic Excellence Scholarships Application Form (pdf) and submit it to La Trobe International at email@example.com.
Closing date: Semester 1 (round 1) – 11 September annually; (round 2) 13 November annually; and (round 3) 8 January annually.
6) Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) 2016/ 2017
About: Australia Awards Scholarship (AAS) are funded by Australian Government to provide higher education opportunities for people from developing countries to study in Australia to build the skills and knowledge to drive change as the next generation of global leaders. These scholarships aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. Scholarships are mainly at postgraduate level however there is a limited number of undergraduate scholarships (country specific).
Donor: Australian Government
Field of study:
- Health Sciences
- Science & Engineering
Eligibility: find out the eligibility requirements based on your country of residence: http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/pages/participating-countries.aspx
How to apply: find out how to apply based on your country of residence: http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/pages/participating-countries.aspx
Closing date: find out the closing date based on your country of residence: http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships-opening-and-closing-dates.aspx
Contact: contact details differ according to your country of residence: http://dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships-opening-and-closing-dates.aspx
7) Hedley Bull scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: The Australian National University, Canberra
About: The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of International Relations (Advanced).
Field of study: International Relations
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of International Relations (Advanced). (MIR Adv).To be eligible for entry to the MIR (Adv), applicants must hold a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a 70% average. All applicants must meet the University’s English Language Admission Requirements.
How to apply: When applying for the Master of International Relations (Advanced), eligible applicants for the Hedley Bull Scholarship should include a covering letter indicating their interest in being considered for the scholarship and making the case for being granted one. The covering letter together with the application for the Master of International Relations (Advanced) (including transcripts and references) will be considered as the full application for the scholarship.
Closing date: 31 October, annually
More information: The Hedley Bull Scholarship Committee expects to notify applicants of the outcome by the first week of January in the year that the scholarship will commence.
Download the Hedley Bull scholarship – conditions of award (pdf)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/ +61 2 6125 3793
8) The Padma and Hari Harilela Scholarships 2016/ 2017
University Name: Bond University
About: The Padma and Hari Harilela Scholarships award bursaries to outstanding students from around the globe, looking to study at either undergraduate or postgraduate level. These scholarships open the door to applicants with strong achievements in both community involvement and contribution, and academia.
The Padma and Hari Harilela Scholarships are available to commencing students in any of Bond’s three semesters.
Field of study: All faculties
Eligibility: Available to domestic and International students applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Applicants must demonstrate that they currently have extensive community involvement and contribution, as well as strong academic achievements.
Applicants must meet the prerequisites and the admissions entry standard for their chosen degree.
Submission of a 500-word personal statement outlining the applicant’s community involvement and contribution, as well as personal attributes and academic achievements.
How to apply: apply in writing to email@example.com
Closing date: contact the University for closing date details
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 1800 074 074 (within Australian)/ +61 7 5595 1024 (International)