Travel & Tourism Scholarships Australia 2016/ 2017
1) Hotel.com.au Online Travel and Tourism Scholarship 2016/ 2017
Company name: Hotel.com.au
About: Hotel.com.au will be offering an annual AUD $1,250 (USD $1,000) scholarship to one talented travel thinker and writer.
Field of study: Travel & Tourism
- You must be studying full-time or part-time at an accredited tertiary institution
- The scholarship is open to vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate students
- You must be able to show you are currently attending a tertiary education institution
How to apply: Answer these questions in an Essay:
- What are the key market segments of online travel in your country or region?
- Of these segments, how have their travel habits changed in the past 3 years including the use of new online tools?
- How do you think the travel habits of these segments will change and what trends are likely to influence that change over the next 3 years?
Your essay should be provided in plain html or word format – use the following document naming format: FirstName_LastName_Date.doc or .htm
Closing date: 30 September, annually
More information: Please be aware that by applying for the Hotel.com.au Online Travel & Tourism Scholarship, you are granting Hotel.com.au an unlimited license to use your essay in whole or part, and relinquishing any copyright to it.
Contact: submit your essay to: Scholarship@Hotel.com.au
2) Neil Leiper Tourism Honours Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: Lismore, Gold Coast, The Hotel School Sydney, Coffs Harbour
About: This scholarship, which provides a stipend of $5000 pa, is named in honour of Professor Neil Leiper (obit). Now sadly passed away, Professor Leiper was a key figure in the field of tourism studies and a respected academic of Southern Cross University.
The Professor Neil Leiper Tourism Honours Scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student studying the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours degree full time in the School of Business and Tourism. It is expected that the successful student will complete a study which addresses a topic related to the broad theme of tourism management.
Formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours program at Lismore, Gold Coast, The Hotel School Sydney, Coffs Harbour or by distance education.
Field of study: Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management
Eligibility: applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours program.
- Applicants to indicate their Honours research proposal topic in a two page proposal, accompanied by their CV.
- The recipient is to undertake their Honours program on a full-time basis either on-campus (internal) or via distance education.
- Short listed applicants may be required to participate in an interview.
- To receive the second instalment or the scholarship, the recipient must maintain a credit average.
How to apply: Complete application online through My Enrolment (http://scu.edu.au/myenrolment/).
Closing date: 13 November, annually
Lismore: T: 1800 005 687/ E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffs Harbour: T: +61 2 6659 3777/ E: email@example.com
Gold Coast: T: +61 7 5589 3001/ E: firstname.lastname@example.org