General Business Scholarships Australia 2016 – 2017
1) Jacques Nasser Entrepreneurship Travel Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: RMIT University
About: If you are a current full-time Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) student within the School of Management and are travelling to the annual Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organisation Conference in the USA, this scholarship can provide you with financial assistance.
Field of study: Business
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of Australia
- have passed all courses in your previous semester of study of study, before applying
- be enrolled in the Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) (BBE) at RMIT
- be enrolled in either first or second year of the Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) program in 2015
- have undertaken at least one entrepreneurship major subject.
How to apply:
- Check that you are eligible to apply, and correctly enrolled in your semester 2 courses.
- Complete the online application by the due date (https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_7Ty0gFzUO3cwJbn). Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
Note: it is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response/s. The main application questions are listed below to allow you to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your capability in demonstrating high academic performance. (maximum 1800 characters)
- Outline your academic performance in the Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) (BBE) program. (maximum 1800 characters)
- Describe how you have contributed to the BBE program in regards to leadership and teamwork. (maximum 1800 characters)
- Describe details of entrepreneurial activities you have been involved in while enrolled in the BBE program. (maximum 1800 characters)
- Describe your ability to represent the BBE program and RMIT University in an outstanding manner. (maximum 1800 characters)
- Describe why and what you expect to achieve from attending the annual Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization Conference in the USA this year. (maximum 1800 characters)
- If you answered yes to any of the equity questions in the online application you must submit supporting documentation to verify your equity details:
- use the Jacques Nasser Entrepreneurship Travel Scholarship Submission Page (Ms Word) for instructions on how to submit supporting documentation
- refer to the Jacques Nasser Entrepreneurship Travel Scholarship Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide (PDF) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
Closing date: 13 July, annually
More information: Jacques Nasser is an RMIT alumnus and former Chief Executive Officer of Ford USA. Jacques is a successful entrepreneur with a long career in the motor vehicle industry both in Australia and in the USA. His vision is to develop entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial cultures in Australia through financially supporting RMIT students undertaking studies in the Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) program.
2) APC Scholarship in Business or Finance 2016/ 2017
University Name: La Trobe Business School – Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton campuses.
Field of study: Business or Finance
Eligibility: To be eligible students should:
- Be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Be enrolled full time in the First Year of a 3 year Business (Finance Major) or Commerce degree at La Trobe University
- Be able to demonstrate:
- Financial and/or other disadvantage indicators
- Community participation activities and/or leadership qualities
- Not receive any other non-Government scholarships
How to apply: To apply, please complete the application form and return by the closing date. APC Scholarship in Business or Finance Application Form (Word doc)
Closing date: 31 July, annually
3) The Frank Finn Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: The University of Queensland
Donor: Professor Frank Finn
About: Established in 2008 from funds donated to an endowment fund established in acknowledgement of Professor Frank Finn’s lifetime of service to the University and the field of finance. Professor Finn held several positions within the University including: Dean of the Faculty Commerce and Economics; Head of the School of Commerce and; the Director of Studies, the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
Field of study: Commerce (Honours)
Eligibility: The award is open to students who are enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) program. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement and financial need. The Scholarships are available for the normal minimum duration of the program, and shall be awarded to: 1. Domestic students as a stipend, the value of which will be determined annually by the Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (up to two scholarships are available); and 2. International students as a full-fee waiver for the full cost of tuition fees only (one scholarship is available).
How to apply:
- Download and complete the Frank Finn Scholarship Application Form (pdf)
- Once the Application Form is completed please save the document as “Frank Finn Scholarship Fund – Your Surname” and then email the application form as an attachment to the Honours Student Liaison Officer, UQ Business School, at the following email address: email@example.com
- You will receive a reply email within two working days to confirm that your application form has been received.
- Notification of the outcome of Scholarships will be made to all applicants via email in January of the year of BCom(Hons) commencement.
Closing date: 31 October annually
More information: read the
Frank Finn Scholarship Rules (pdf)
Contact: UQ Business School
4) Harry Perkins Memorial Scholarship 2016/ 2017
University Name: Curtin University
About: The Harry Perkins Memorial Scholarship has been developed by Curtin University to support students who are required to relocate from a regional or remote area to undertake an undergraduate degree at Curtin University in 2016 who are from a low SES background and/or experiencing financial hardship.
Field of study: Health Sciences, Humanities, Centre for Aboriginal Studies, Curtin Business School, Science & Engineering.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Harry Perkins Memorial Scholarship:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent humanitarian or New Zealand citizen.
- Selected Curtin University as a first or second preference through TISC to undertake an undergraduate degree in of the year of study.
- Relocating from a regional and/or remote area
- Financial hardship and/or low SES
- Eligible for a Commonwealth supported place
How to apply: Follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the Harry Perkins Memorial Scholarship Application Form (pdf).
Step 2: Complete the application form – important info such as formatting requirements are detailed in the application guide.
Step 3: Submit by the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will be assessed as ineligible
Step 4: Receipt – application receipt will be sent to email listed through TISC within 10 working days of receiving application
Step 5: Assessment applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Relocation from rural and/or remote area
- Demonstrated financial hardship and/or low SES
- Receipt of an offer of a place into an undergraduate degree at Curtin University in the year of study
Step 6: Outcome will be sent via email listed through TISC in mid-January (all successful and unsuccessful applicants notified).
Step 7: Acceptance – successful applicants must return acceptance documents by end-January of the year of study.
Deferral of this scholarship is permitted (details included in scholarship terms and conditions)
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient need
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study
- Scholarship is not transferrable to another university
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Building 101, Level 1
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
PERTH WA 6845
08 9266 3279
Please attach a front cover page containing
1. Student name
2. Curriculum Council number
3. Number of pages faxed
Please note: All applications must be signed.
Closing date: 20 November, annually
Contact: E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: (08) 9266 2992
More Information: visit the Frequently Asked questions page: https://askcurtin.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/scholarship
5) UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP – BUSINESS 2016/ 2017
University Name: University of Wollongong
About: Faculty scholarships recognise high-achieving students at UOW. Scholarship recipients are expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role for the faculty by actively participating in Faculty-hosted events and become committee members of the Faculty’s Student and Staff Association.
Field of study: Business
Eligibility: applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must enrol in a full-time degree or double degree offered by the Faculty of Business
- Outstanding academic achievement based on most recent academic records
- Motivation and interests, particularly in relation to nominated UOW degree and career path
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of leadership and participation in other areas, e.g. school and community activities, the arts, employment, sports
- A minimum ATAR of 93*.
How to apply: apply online via the following link: http://www.uow.edu.au/about/scholarships/ug/prospectiveforms/UOW136779.html
Closing date: 30 September, annually
Contact: email@example.com or (02) 4252 8959